Thursday 11 June 2015

Survivor Speech at the Life Styled By Us fashion show



Last night I was given the privilege of representing the BCRT at a fashion show, hosted by Life Styled By Us at the Bel and The Dragon in Cookham. And I must say that it’s really made me very proud of myself to see how far I've come. I’ve grown from a person who couldn’t even say the word cancer without it being stifled and forced, to someone who can comfortably stand up and speak about their experience. I know that I write a lot about it on here, and I'm used to people asking about my leg/limp, but this was quite different. I was asked to present my story to a room full of guests, in order to really connect the charity they were donating to with the event itself. And I feel like this was such a wonderful idea, as we often just buy raffle tickets etc. for the sake of it, without realising the actual cause we are helping.




I was a little emotional when writing the speech, but I was fine when reading it aloud. I think it helped that I didn’t know anyone there (other than my Uncle, who accompanied me), and that it was only about 8 minutes long. It seemed quite difficult to assess which parts of my story were the most important, especially considering the fact that my perception of it is very different to everyone else’s. It was also a bit of a challenge to write an upbeat, engaging speech about the hardest time of my life, but thankfully my positive approach to everything seeped through into this task as well.

What I think struck me most about the night was meeting the chef, who suggested the charity because his brother is currently battling Ewing’s Sarcoma. He thanked me, and told me that he was humbled by my talk.



And that’s really made me realise that all of this makes a difference. I feel so inspired to become more involved with the BCRT and to personally focus on reaching out to people on here, and also face to face. I'm thinking of possibly starting a vlog where I would pretty much discuss the same as I do on here, so that I can reach out to people who possibly don’t have enough time to read long blog posts or would prefer to watch and listen rather than read. I feel that this would also be a good platform to match a name with a face, and a face with a story, so you could all get to know me a little bit more. (Any advice on this would be truly appreciated!)

Sophie Louisa xo

1 comment:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Fribroid,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete